Whether we’re drinking margaritas or with a group big or small – family board games are a staple. There’s nothing like having friends over and just chilling in your pajamas while some of the best conversations happen. Board games are also a great staple when you have friends who have kids. Everyone can play and it’s a great wholesome activity.
- Avengers Monopoly:Â This one is my favorite for so many reasons! It gets intense in our house!
- Sequence:Â There can be up to 3 teams with 3 apiece (9 total) or just down to 2 people.
- Kerplunk: No big thinking goes into this and it’s over within 20 minutes!
- Codenames: We bought this just recently and we’re still learning to play before it becomes an easy go-to.
- Scrabble: My mom was always really good at Scrabble so now I’m starting to use her total domination skills… it’s literally the only game I ever win so I had to include it. Also- the one with the skinny table is so necessary!
- Speakout: Be prepared to literally drool and scream at people. It’s glorious!
- Clue: The game Ev always wins and the game I didn’t play until adulthood. Love the classic version the best!
- Sorry: The game that requires no thought and literally anyone can play.
- Guess Who: AKA the game my friend Morgan cheats at because she has a photographic memory for people’s faces. ;D
- Candy Land: The OG family board game.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations!
Hope you all have fun playing! Our games are getting pretty intense so we’re prepared for tournaments when we can have little house parties again! Drop a comment below if you’ve got any favorites that aren’t on this list! We love finding new ones.
Side note: If you’re tired of playing board games and playing on your phone, head over to my playlists or reading recommendations!